January 16, 2006

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: January 16, 2006

I will wait until I see one in real life. But from the pictures BMW still hasn't matched the e36/e46 cars.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
      Good point.

This one is the winner in my book:
      In case anybody was wondering why he's called CrazyAzn...
      -Sean Martin
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

The bimmer nose is less offensive, but it still looks like something from Japan....
        Chris

Comment

Both vehicle's previous generations look SOOOOO much better. Must they step backwards in design for a step forward in performance?
          '05 STi
          Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

I think previous Gens look better. But like I always say, we are no longer the target audience for a 3 series, IMO. They've moved it upscale in price for sure. The 1 series will eventually be the target vehicle for car guys. That's my guess anyway.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
              I think previous Gens look better. But like I always say, we are no longer the target audience for a 3 series, IMO. They've moved it upscale in price for sure. The 1 series will eventually be the target vehicle for car guys. That's my guess anyway.
              Speaking of 1-series for enthusiasts...
              -Sean Martin
              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
                You know that's going to be one cool car (a bit ugly though) but it will be hard to justify spending around $35k for one.
                McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                  You know that's going to be one cool car (a bit ugly though) but it will be hard to justify spending around $35k for one.
                  You just spent $30K (below the $33K+ sticker) on a Mitsubishi econobox Lancer ($14K) stuffed with go fast goodies. Why is $35K for a solid BMW that apparently gets 360hp with only tuning so much of a stretch? I'm not knocking your car purchase (very cool), just saying it's not much more money.
                  Last edited by Redwood; 01-18-2007, 01:11 PM.
                  -Sean Martin
                  2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

You just spent $30K on a Mitsubishi econobox stuffed with go fast goodies. Why is $35K for a solid BMW that apparently gets 360hp with only tuning so much of a stretch? I'm not knocking your car purchase, just saying it's not much more.
                    Sean, you sure do stick to your guns don't ya So will you be getting one so we can test it?
                    McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                      Sean, you sure do stick to your guns don't ya So will you be getting one so we can test it?
                      I would love one. The only question is if I can fit. I need to go to Europe to figure that out. There is hope though. I can't even drive an E90 3-series with the seat all the way back (too far). Hopefully they worked that German magic on the 1-series. I certainly don't fit in an IS, so that rules out the IS-F purchase anyway. I don't really fit in an Evo or STI either. Infiniti is the only Japanese car company that realizes there are tall people in this world. The Germans must use Dutch people for size testing, because I can fit in most of their cars, except the Z3/Z4. I even fit in the Mercedes SLK. That's just craziness. The Jetta has stupid huge amounts of legroom too.
                      Last edited by Redwood; 01-18-2007, 01:18 PM.
                      -Sean Martin
                      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

You can't fit in an STi with the driver seat lowered?

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                          I can fit well enough to drive, but not well enough to drive one long term. Also, it's a leg/knee room issue, not a headroom issue.
                          -Sean Martin
                          2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                            That's an econobox.

Sean,
                            What has it cost for maintenance on that fine german engineering?

Comment

I don't think you really want to go there seeing how BMW is 9th in the latest JD Powers dependability studies, Subaru 16th, and Mitsubishi 25th. Actual maintenance cost is more expensive than an non-luxury brand, of course. Cost on a new car (what we're talking about) is less on a BMW than your Mitsubishi or Subaru seeing how BMW pays for wiper blades and even brake pads/rotors in addition to scheduled maintenance for 4yr/50. Get back to me when you have 130,000 miles on an '03 Evo or '04 STi to compare maintenance costs and squeaks and rattles.
                              Last edited by Redwood; 01-18-2007, 04:52 PM.
                              -Sean Martin
                              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I don't think you really want to go there seeing how BMW is 9th in the latest JD Powers dependability studies, Subaru 16th, and Mitsubishi 25th. Actual maintenance cost is more expensive than an non-luxury brand, of course. Cost on a new car (what we're talking about) is less on a BMW than your Mitsubishi or Subaru seeing how BMW pays for wiper blades and even brake pads/rotors in addition to scheduled maintenance for 4yr/50. Get back to me when you have 130,000 miles on an '03 Evo or '04 STi to compare maintenance costs and squeaks and rattles.
                                Lets line up in the rain BEYOOTCH!!!!!!!!!

hehe..

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
                                X