December 27, 2005

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 27, 2005

Yah, that C30 looks just like the S40, with the back half changed into a wagon w/o rear doors. I must admit, I like my S40, tho the back seat can be a bit cramped for adults. The car is narrower than the S60R I had to give up (big phat car payment + Camaro-sized gas bill kinda hurt), but is supposed to have more leg room and more trunk space (just a wee bit more on both). Go figure. I'm still hoping they produce an "R" version of the S40 (w/o the Active Chassis, if possible). Since it's way shorter, it doesn't feel like a huge boat, and the "sport package" give it decent handling for a FWD sedan. I loved the power, the Brembos, and the oh-so-nice/like butta leather seats on the S60R, but it had a HUGE turn radius. I really do miss that car.
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by beavis
      Yah, that C30 looks just like the S40, with the back half changed into a wagon w/o rear doors. I must admit, I like my S40, tho the back seat can be a bit cramped for adults. The car is narrower than the S60R I had to give up (big phat car payment + Camaro-sized gas bill kinda hurt), but is supposed to have more leg room and more trunk space (just a wee bit more on both). Go figure. I'm still hoping they produce an "R" version of the S40 (w/o the Active Chassis, if possible). Since it's way shorter, it doesn't feel like a huge boat, and the "sport package" give it decent handling for a FWD sedan. I loved the power, the Brembos, and the oh-so-nice/like butta leather seats on the S60R, but it had a HUGE turn radius. I really do miss that car.
      So I remember an Audi...then we had 3 pages worth of your next car purchase, and you chose a Volvo S60R turbo...but from reading the above, I guess you sold the Volvo ? Whatcha drivin' now ?
      Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
      Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
        So I remember an Audi...then we had 3 pages worth of your next car purchase, and you chose a Volvo S60R turbo...but from reading the above, I guess you sold the Volvo ? Whatcha drivin' now ?
        Based on what he said in his post, I'd say he has a Volvo S40 since "my" was attached to it.
        -Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Yah, sadly I had to trade in the S60R for an S40. Fortunately, it has a few options (bigger stereo, sunroof, "sport" suspension), but there were no manual trannys or turbo models avaiable at the time, so it has the $1200 (ouch!) slush-box option and a n/a 2.4L I-5.
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X