December 1, 2005

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 1, 2005

"BMW is pitching the new M Coupe squarely against Porsche's new Cayman S and is expected to price the car aggressively to undercut the Porsche."

PAHLEEZ. The Cayman S is $60k+. They won't have to be THAT aggressive. They already have the motor, the regular one will be $40k. At $50k they'll make a ton. Still, I wouldn't mind one, but like the original M Coupe which was $45k, I can't afford a new one.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
      "I wouldn't mind one, but like the original M Coupe which was $45k, I can't afford a new one.
      So in saying M Coupe, you mean a M3 Coupe right?
      McCall

Comment

I need to go to work in London. I just can't seem to convince Flower Mound that we need BMW squad cars. Maybe I can get 'em to compromise on Hemi Chargers.

BTW: the '05 Coppiece s u c k s.

Comment

Originally posted by jatoth

I need to go to work in London. I just can't seem to convince Flower Mound that we need BMW squad cars. Maybe I can get 'em to compromise on Hemi Chargers.

BTW: the '05 Coppiece s u c k s.
          Yes! GO GO GO!
          http://www.insidedcx.com/2005/dodge/....msp.19oct.htm
          -Sean Martin
          2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Do they not make a Mercury Marauder type car for police departments? Its got a V-8!
            -Chump

Comment

Originally posted by Chump
              Do they not make a Mercury Marauder type car for police departments? Its got a V-8!
              Ford had a 300hp Crown Vic car at an autoshow a couple years back. I don't think they make any with that engine, though.

http://www.modernracer.com/features/futurecop.html
              -Sean Martin
              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

We had Crown Vics up until the '05 model year. We needed to replace the cages, consoles, and light bars for our entire fleet, and the Captain could not get anyone at Ford to commit to how much longer they were going to produce the Crown Vic. He didn't want to buy all new equipment, and have to buy more in a couple of years because that Crown Vic was discontinued (Most equipment won't fit between makes). So that's why we went to the Chevy's.

The real killer for the Dodge is going to be price. It's tough to sell the Admin on a $26,500 V6 Dodge, when you can get a V6 Chevy for $21,000. Never mind the fact that you're going to have to throw money at the Chevy to keep it running because the front wheel drive train won't hold up to police abuse. I drove one of the Chevys the other night. It had less than 6K miles on it and I could already feel where the front suspension was getting sloppy. The Fords don't usually start to feel that way until about 50K.

Comment

The real killer for the Dodge is going to be price. It's tough to sell the Admin on a $26,500 V6 Dodge, when you can get a V6 Chevy for $21,000.
                  That's a bummer. I thought the Charger would be cheaper than that but in looking Edumunds, the cheapest Hemi-equiped one starts at $29k. I mean I'm sure they could pull a lot of options out but that still would make on run about $25-26K. I guess it's not quite the C a p r i c e we thought it was.
                  McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                    The real killer for the Dodge is going to be price. It's tough to sell the Admin on a $26,500 V6 Dodge, when you can get a V6 Chevy for $21,000.
                    That's a bummer. I thought the Charger would be cheaper than that but in looking Edumunds, the cheapest Hemi-equiped one starts at $29k. I mean I'm sure they could pull a lot of options out but that still would make on run about $25-26K. I guess it's not quite the C a p r i c e we thought it was.
                    How much was the 9C1 brand new back in the day? Car prices have certainly gone up, inflation, more standard features, etc.
                    -Sean Martin
                    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
                      How much was the 9C1 brand new back in the day? Car prices have certainly gone up, inflation, more standard features, etc.
                      Dean! we need ur vast expertise yo!
                      McCall

Comment

http://www.mph-online.com/mag/rearviewmirror/007

The base 1994 C****** sedan carried a sticker price of $19,728; the Impala SS cost $22,495.
                        Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Working...
                        X